UT University Health Services

LGBTQIA+ Healthcare at University Health Services (UHS)

UHS staff receive training on providing all UT Austin students with quality care. UHS medical providers receive ongoing training specifically related to LGBTQIA+ healthcare.

Gender Care Resources

UHS offers general healthcare and manages gender affirming hormone therapy for students. In order to schedule you with the provider best suited to you, either call 512-471-4955 and choose option 1 to schedule your appointment or book online within the MyUHS portal.


Many medical expenses related to gender affirmation therapies are covered by UT Austin's Student Health Insurance Plan. Benefits are subject to medical necessity, and specific criteria must be met.

Students with insurance plans other than the Student Health Insurance Plan who need these services can verify coverage by calling the Benefits Verification Specialist in the UHS Billing and Insurance Office at 512-475-8394.

Patient Profile Update

The MyUHS patient portal allows you to update your name and pronouns in your medical chart. Changing your name and specifying your gender marker will not change the legal name attached to your medical records or your name in the wider university context. There may be circumstances under which your legal name must be used by UHS. UHS must accept your legal name and gender marker as supplied by the Office of the Registrar.

Other Campus Resources

UT University Health Services UT University Health Services

download adobe reader