Healthy Student Organization Program
The Healthy Student Organization Program supports student organizations and groups in laying the foundation for retaining happy, thriving, and engaged members. HSOP recognizes organizations for their efforts in various health promoting activities including social, intellectual, mental, and physical well-being. Inquire today and start adding meaningful activities to meetings, philanthropies, virtual gatherings etc. Check out the impact HSOP is making.
HSOP News and Events
The medaling organizations in the Healthy Student Organization program will be formally recognized at City Hall on April 21, 2022.
Fall 2021 HSOP Skate Night and Canned Food Drive
The Healthy Student Organization program hosted its first Skate Night and UT Outpost canned food drive at Playland Skate Center. Officers and members of various student orgs enjoyed a night of connecting on and off the rink, engaging in joyful movement and contributing to UT’s food pantry for students.
What does the Healthy Student Organization Program include?
- A Toolkit and activity tracker - Every participating student group receives a wellness guidebook of activities, planning methods and ideas to create a healthy group. Officers can schedule a free individual consultation with our program manager to write goals and devise strategies for their organization.
- Resources - HSOP members receive information and resources to access programming on or off campus.
- Community and Networking Opportunities - Meet a group of likeminded student groups and support one another in implementing healthy activities all year long and in the virtual space.
- Recognition - Organizations that reach bronze, silver or gold status based on the HSOP point system are publicly recognized in April by the City of Austin. Organizations are also showcased across HealthyHorns Social Media accounts in recognition of being university endorsed Healthy Student Organizations.
- Pillars of the Forty Acres - Organizations receive points towards meeting distinguished or exemplary status for the Pillars of the Forty Acres Awards.
Find the 2020-2021 medaling healthy student organizations on Hornslink.
Gold Medal Winners
Silver Medal Winners
Bronze Medal Winners
For more information or questions, email us.