Eligibility to Use University Health Services


No Additional Summer Fee and Summer 2024 Usage and Eligibility

Whether you're taking summer classes or just taking a break before the Fall 2024 semester, you can still use University Health Services without any additional summer fee. Your eligibility to use these services depends on your enrollment status and where you currently live.

Your current and recent enrollment status and current state of residence determine your ability to use the services provided by University Health Services. This is because UHS services are funded, in part, by tuition and most UHS providers can only practice in the state of Texas.

Determine your eligibility to use UHS services by reading through the information below.

Current Students

What is Your Current Enrollment Status?

Enrollment Status Eligibility Dates
You are enrolled in Summer 2024 classes. You can use UHS services from June 1, 2024 to August 16, 2024.
You are enrolled in Fall 2024 classes. You can use UHS services from August 17, 2024 to January 10, 2025.
You were enrolled in the immediate past semester and intend to enroll in the next semester or are enrolled in the next semester. You can use UHS services through spring, summer and fall with no break in service.

What is Your Current State of Residence?

State of Residence Available Services
Within the State of Texas. If you are currently living within the state of Texas and meet one of the criteria above, you can use all UHS services. UHS provides services through both in-person and telehealth appointments.
Outside the State of Texas* If you are currently living outside of the state of Texas and meet one of the criteria above, you may access this service: 24/7 Nurse Advice Line providing 24/7 guidance on whether or how soon you should see a medical professional. Call 512-475-6877.

Nurse Licensure

*Per the Nurse Licensure Compact, nurses working the UHS 24/7 Nurse Advice Line cannot provide care for students who are currently located within the following states:

  • Alaska
  • California
  • Connecticut
  • Hawaii
  • Illinois
  • Massachusetts
  • Michigan
  • Minnesota
  • Nevada
  • New York
  • Oregon
  • Pennsylvania
  • U.S. Virgin Islands
  • Washington, D.C.

New Incoming Students Currently Located in Texas

New incoming students can access UHS for immunizations and medical tests that are required or recommended to be completed prior to enrolling in classes. New incoming students can be seen in Urgent Care only during New Student Orientation.

Post-Doctoral Fellows and University/Visiting Scholars Currently Living in Texas

These individuals are not officially registered for classes at UT Austin. To be seen by a provider at UHS, first provide specific documentation to verify your assignment and then pay the $50 service extension fee. Use this site to pay the fee and to verify your assignment. For assistance, call UHS at 512-471-4955.

English Language Center (ELC) Students Currently Living in Texas

To access UHS services, ELC students must pay the service extension fee, however the ELC department will pay this fee on your behalf if you are currently enrolled in ELC classes.

Please note, ELC students can attend UHS immunization clinics for ELC students without paying the service extension fee. With the exception of these clinics, ELC students are unable to book first appointments to be seen by UHS providers within the portal. To book your first appointment to be seen by a UHS provider, call UHS at 512-471-4955.

Faculty and Staff

Current UT faculty and staff who are currently living in Texas can access the following UHS services:

  • Travel clinic
  • Physical therapy
  • COVID-19 information and resources
  • Other services specially arranged by their department

Who Cannot Access UHS Services

  • Graduating students who will not return the semester following graduation.
  • Those who last attended UT more than one semester prior to the current semester.
  • Partners and children of UT students.